PO BOX 751, Island Lake, IL 60042
Who We Are
Adopt a Pet
Dog Adoption Application
Dog Adoption Contract
Cat Adoption Application
K9s4U on Facebook
K9s4U on PetFinder
Primary Adopter First Name
Primary Adopter Last Name
Secondary Adopter First Name
Secondary Adopter Last Name
Street Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
ZIP / Postal Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
Northern Mariana Islands
Palestine, State of
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Agreed Upon Terms and Conditions of Adoption
1. I am fully aware that I/we are adopting a dog that was saved from a dire situation. All past health and behavioral history on the dog has been disclosed to the best knowledge of the organization. I agree to help work through any issue that may arise at my cost.
2. I agree to care for the adopted dog in a humane and responsible manner, as a member of my family, and to assume full responsibility for the dog’s well-being for the rest of its life. I agree to provide well-balanced diet, sufficient water and all necessary veterinary care including vaccinations and annual physical examinations. I understand that the cost of any veterinary care following adoption is entirely my responsibility.
3. I agree to provide sufficient shelter for the dog, and to allow the dog to reside indoors and to sleep inside my home at night (not limited to the garage or outdoors).
4. If the dog has not been spayed or neutered upon release from K9s4U Dog Rescue, the adopter agrees to have the dog spayed or neutered. The adopter further agrees to provide proper veterinary care for the dog which includes regular vaccinations, heartworm testing, monthly heartworm, and flea and tick protection.
Date scheduled to spay/neuter
5. I agree to fully and completely release K9s4U Dog Rescue Inc. , its officers, volunteers, and representatives, from any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from any health or temperament issues the dog may have or may develop, and/or from any and all claims relating to my adoption, ownership or possession of the dog.
6. I agree to return the adopted dog to K9s4U Dog Rescue, Inc. (K9s4U) if for any reason I cannot or do not want to keep the dog, at any time during the dog’s life. Return must be made to K9s4U by adopter. I understand that there will be no refund of any type should I return the dog to K9s4U Dog Rescue.
7. If there is an uncontrollable issue that requires the adopter to return the dog, after every possible effort has been made to rectify the situation, you may return the dog and will have 3 months to adopt another dog, as credit, if the K9s4U Board of Directors deems the situation a valid reason for return. Return must be made to K9s4U by adopter. I understand that there will be no monetary refund of any type should I return the dog to K9s4U Dog Rescue.
8. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless K9s4U Dog Rescue Inc. , its officers, volunteers, and representatives from any and all losses, fines, claims or damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to my adoption, ownership or possession of the dog, including any claims for injury or damage to persons or property caused by the adopted dog.
9. K9s4U Dog Rescue Inc. reserves the right to an ongoing review of this adoption and to follow up on any complaints or reports to protect the welfare of this dog. If the terms of this contract are not satisfactorily kept by the new owner, and/or if any misrepresentations have been made to K9s4U Dog Rescue, in order to obtain the dog, K9s4U Dog Rescue reserves the right to void this contract and demand the immediate return of the dog by the new owner.
10. I understand that this animal is a rescued animal and that no claims, representations, or warranties are made or implied by K9s4U Dog Rescue Inc. as to this animal’s age, breed, physical or mental characteristics, prior experiences, current or future health, behavior or temperament.
Adopter Signature and Agreement to all Terms and conditions above
I have read and indicated that I agree to all of the above statements and understand the importance of abiding by the terms of this contract. I confirm that all the information provided on my application and contract is true and no misrepresentations have been made. I understand that NO REFUNDS are given after adoption papers are signed.
Primary Adopter Full Name
Secondary Adopter Full Name
Thank You To Our Sponsors